Instructor Development Course, part I
The PADI Assistant Instructor course (Instructor Development Course, part I) is open to divers who have already decided to enter the professional track as a PADI Divemaster.
This course focuses on the pedagogical techniques necessary for the teaching of technical and theoretical diving as well as on the functions of an assistant instructor, whether it is for an instructor or on an independent basis for certain PADI programs.
During the course, you will review the main standards of the PADI courses for adults and children, the general standards and procedures, the PADI system, the techniques of instruction and demonstration, the industry and business of diving, legal liability, and professional risk…
You will attend the following lectures:
- Course Orientation
- Learning, Instruction, and PADI system
- General Standards and Procedures
- Risk Management
- Start Diving
- Teaching PADI Specialty Courses
- Business of Diving (Optional)
- Keep Diving (Optional)
- Developing Knowledge Development Presentation
- Teaching in Confined Water
- Conducting Open Water Dives (Including Rescue Exercise Workshop)
You will also lead at least two academic sessions, two presentations in confined water, and one presentation in open water including two practical exercises.
You will be evaluated on your pedagogic abilities, diving techniques, and your familiarity with the PADI system, standards, and procedures.
With the PADI Assistant Instructor certification, you are entitled to enroll in the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor course (Instructor Development Course, part II).
- Being a PADI Divemaster or equivalent
- Providing a medical certificate attesting to your capability to dive underwater dating back less than twelve months
- Having been a certified diver for at least six months, having accomplished 60 logged dives, having experience with deep diving and navigational diving- For candidates coming from another organization besides PADI, showing proof of previous certifications as well as passing an exam on your rescue techniques.
Note: In order to pass the instructor exam, a candidate must have 100 logged dives.
Minimum age: 18 years old
Duration of Course: 4 to 7 days
Price: 3.200 NIS
Price doesn’t include student kit & certification fees.
Prices are subject to change.